View Single Post
Old August 11th 09, 22:14   #33
Galahad
First One

Send a message via MSN to Galahad Send a message via Yahoo to Galahad Send a message via Skype™ to Galahad
Re: EpDis: A Call To Arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
As many others before me in this thread I loved the movie and I even gave it an A, but like others, it's a problematic A, only for the music, that horrible bongo banging music. It killed 90% of the fun in Crusade, here it wasn't as powerful a distraction, but a pain none the less. I simply can't understand who would pay anyone to make that noise...

Other than that I loved every bit of it.
I think jms was experimenting... Evan Chen is an eastern composer. Here in the West we only have 24 major and minor keys in music. Oriental music has a few more which to our ears probably sound like bum notes.

Jms has always tried to push the envelope with what can be done to improve a story using the various tools in television production. He didn't play safe, he tried to be daring... he gambled and it didn't pay off.

I think we were extremely fortunate that 90% of the time his instincts were right and B5 was a lot better for it.

This was one time that the gamble didn't work... but I won't hold it against him because at the end of the day he was specualting to accumulate in terms of performance and dramatic effect.

"We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

Visit NiCK'S SANCTUARY
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote