View Single Post
Old December 2nd 08, 11:56   #38
KoshN

Re: The Dresden Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonn View Post
She was waiting for Harry to show up... & thanks to Ebenezer she couldn't really fight back. All I'm saying is that somebody implied that Mavra wouldn't be stupid enough to go out like that. I'm pretty sure it was Kincaid that said that to Harry. I could give you more details but I don't want to ruin any of the newer books for you.
Ah, it was in Book #6 "Blood Rites" (which I finished today, Dec. 1, 2008.) on page 368. Kincaid implies that it probably wasn't Mavra that they killed, but some flunky vamp dressed as Mavra, who Mavra paraded out to fool Harry and the rest, and that Mavra is likely still around.

In fact, there are three nasties listed at the end that are still around and will likely be trouble later:

Mavra (I thought that was too easy!)
He Who Walks Behind (unkillable)
and
Lasciel (the Fallen Angel, still able to touch Harry from her prison in the coin buried two feet down in the concrete of Harry's lab and surrounded by half a dozen warding spells)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonn View Post
Elaine calls it a Temple Dog in White Knight... He gets BIG.
Hence on the last page of Book #6...

Harry (to Thomas): "Hey. Why did you get Large Breed Puppy Chow?"
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote