View Single Post
Old October 27th 08, 00:23   #4
KoshN

Re: Question about the Drakh.........?

In "Lines of Communication" that Drakh was the Drakh Emissary (a diplomat/spy?), and the blurring effect was used there and only there. I couldn't find any mention by JMS on rastb5m or jmsnews where he said he did not like the look and added the blurring effect to make it look better. Personally, I liked the blurring effect. Also notice that he seemed to have an interference effect on the Whitestar's power systems (e.g. lighting) as he walks through the ship. Could have been a watered down version of Shadow Sentient phasing effects. Maybe the Drakh just couldn't get it quite right (Turn the phasing either fully on or off.), or they did it part way (not entirely visible or invisible) to intimidate/impress the Minbari.

Elsewhere in B5 and Crusade, we see two other kinds of Drakh, the leader (e.g. Shiv'kala on Centauri Prime, the Drakh captain in Crusade's "War Zone" and "Each Night I Dream of Home"), and the Drakh footsoldiers in "War Zone" (bone white skeletal masks with glowing red eyes).

In fact, if you do a search on rastb5m or jmsnews, for "Drakh", you don't find much at all (only 3 posts), and none mention him disliking the Drakh Emissary's look.
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote