Thread: EpDis: TKO
View Single Post
Old August 26th 08, 00:05   #27
Cell
Telepath

Re: EpDis: TKO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
Hating the Ivanova story because of one's own view on religions is a bit foolish. I hoped too that Susan wouldt've sat shiva, but how wrong can one millionbillion people be? I mean, in the end Susan also felt that having people close to you was a good idea when you're hurting. That's how Susan's character was portrayed, no matter how remote a russian she has been occasionally portrayed before. Also, how else a rabbi should've behaved? From a writer's point of view it would've been rather useless to throw in a unorthodox rabbi who would've agreed with Susan 100% and not do what they usually do.
I didn't hate the Ivanova storyline, it just wasn't great. It was a decent storyline that was acceptable TV, but it wasn't anything special. TKO can thank that storyline for even garnering a D+, because without it this was a definite F episode and probably the worst of the series, behind even Infection.

As for my feeling on the religious issue of Shiva being forced, they are what they are. I thought it was terrible how that aspect was handled. I have no problem with Ivanova deciding to sit Shiva after all, but I didn't like the way the episode hammered home "Rabbi Koslov is right, you are wrong, sit Shiva or you are a bad person." Maybe you didn't get that vibe or pick that up, and that's cool, but I couldn't stand how heavy handed the episode was about religion, not a trait usually found in B5.
"When you have reached the end of the road then you can decide whether to go to the left or the right, to fire or to water. If you make those decisions before you have even set foot upon the road it will take you nowhere." - Galen
Cell is offline   Reply With Quote