View Single Post
Old July 6th 08, 01:18   #70
Cell
Telepath

Re: EpDis: Deathwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Jaguar View Post
I don't "worship him," and I don't "treat him like a god," nor do I think that is a common attitude around here, nor in evidence in this thread. You have no real evidence of a retcon, only an opinion. Strong and plentiful circumstantial evidence to the contrary has been presented, yet you deny it, on the basis that 'those who disagree (with you) idolize JMS,' an ad hominem argument.
I presented more than just opinion, I presented evidence in a review before this one, as well as evidence in this thread. I haven't made the argument about people idolizing JMS about anyone other than Jan. I can't take her posts seriously or be bothered to care anymore about what she has to say because she comes across like a presser for JMS.

No evidence to the contrary has been presented, other than quoting what JMS said after the fact. Present actual evidence, and I would argue it, or change my mind were it good evidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Jaguar View Post
I think most anyone here would readily agree with you, if they thought you were correct, regardless of their esteem for JMS. I know I would, and I believe Jan would. But your proofs, (or lack of same) are insufficient. You are entitled to your opinion. But, you are not entitled to certainty on a subject that can never be conclusively proven, until and unless we can actually read someone's mind.
Like I said earlier, I don't care if anyone agrees with me. I don't post my thoughts to get people to agree with me, I post my thoughts because they are my thoughts and I feel like posting them. If people agree that's fine, if not it's all the same.

I will counter your last point though, because I hate the "oh, it's just my opinion" style of posting. When I post something I believe in what I am posting, and stating it as my opinion ad nauseum or using the "IMO' line only serves to cheapen it. Whether or not it can be conclusively proven doesn't matter to me, it is something I believe and I am going to post about it like I believe it to be the truth, otherwise you end up posting nothing but "Oh, it's only opinion" when everyone knows that anything having to do with an interpretive art or subjective art is all opinion anyways.

Edit: Oh, just as an addendum, since I have a low tolerance for a certain type of person and really can't stand Jan at all, I have put her on ignore so as to not have to further inflame the situation.
"When you have reached the end of the road then you can decide whether to go to the left or the right, to fire or to water. If you make those decisions before you have even set foot upon the road it will take you nowhere." - Galen

Last edited by Cell; July 6th 08 at 01:23.
Cell is offline   Reply With Quote