View Single Post
Old May 31st 08, 01:42   #10
GKarsEye
First One

Re: Just watched B5: In the Beginning (Spoilers)

Welcome to the forum.

When I do my next B5 viewing, I plan on starting w/ ItB. I've not yet done that.

Galahad, I take issue w/ two of your points:

1. That the Shadows manipulated the Earth-Minbari war. I think fans are all too eager to blame everything on the Vorlons and Shadows. Remember that those races don't create order and chaos, those are natural- they just use it to their advantage, exaggerate it, etc. Earth Force was arrogant and naive about dealing w/ aliens at the time- and then war happens. It's how empires and nations work.

2. That Valen told Kosh when he was going to die. I would think he wouldn't want to reveal anything like that for fear of screwing up the timeline (time-circle?)
"Most smart people cannot watch most TV, because it has generally been a condescending medium, explaining everything immediately, offering no ambiguities, and using dialogue that simplifies and mitigates against the idiosyncratic ways in which people in different worlds actually communicate. It eventually requires that characters from different places talk the same way as the viewer. This, of course, sucks." - David Simon
GKarsEye is offline   Reply With Quote