View Single Post
Old May 30th 08, 05:02   #4
KoshFan
Soul Hunter

Re: Just watched B5: In the Beginning (Spoilers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshowers View Post
First off, if I was a human alive at the point right after the Earth-Minbari War, I would be really angry and bitter at the Minbari race forever even though the humans started the war due to a "loose cannon."
Most Humans we see in the show feel exactly that way. It's just that our heroes spend a lot of time with Delenn and Lennier. So you're hardly alone! It is indeed a natural feeling, and why Delenn was always so careful to not let her involvement in the war leak out.

Quote:
I really believe that if Sheridan was not captured and went back to Earth and if they gave him the responsibility of finding a way to beat the Minbari, that he would have been their best chance of beating the Minbari (given that he had their only victory). Although I can't believe that he is the only military leader capable of coming up with brilliant strategies and tactics.
Remember why they sent him on the mission? He'd beaten the Minbari once, he could do so again. (At least so ran the theory. Hand-to-hand is a whole different story.) I'm guessing it's as close to negotiating from a position of strength as the Humans could get at that point. And the Humans really were grasping at straws. A lot of high command in EarthForce probably felt the peacemaking mission was their best hope.

Quote:
I find it hard to believe that Kosh, Delenn and no one could do anything to stop the war or find a better solution.
Delenn was trying, after her initial scream of rage, but as we know, getting the Warrior caste to stop fighting is no easy task.

As for Kosh, he'd probably had the whole story from Valen, back in the day, and knew he didn't need to step in; it would all work out just fine.

Welcome; good first topic!

The Generous Grasp
KoshFan is offline   Reply With Quote