View Single Post
Old March 2nd 08, 12:58   #77
Galahad
First One

Send a message via MSN to Galahad Send a message via Yahoo to Galahad Send a message via Skype™ to Galahad
Re: EpDis: A View From The Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypatia View Post
Not to mention it adds a bit of a "?" to the whole Byron story. Just what was he doing, and more importantly why, when he let Bo get a peek into the mind of a soldier on the front lines, fending off the attack. And how they seemed equally sympathetic to the invaders as they were to their own races and their own kind.

Was that a genuine attempt to connect with mundanes, of all races and kinds? Or was it more like a lab scientist observing how his lab rats interact with each other?
Well I always took Byron as a quasi-religious figure for his people. If you think of it like that, it has parallels with some of the things Christ did. Most of his ministry was directed towards the jewish people... but then you get glimpses of it extending out in cases of the centurion's servant and the syro-phoenician woman etc. I would say that this was Byron letting the dogs eat the crumbs from the children's table.

Negative or annoying as he is portrayed... I don't see Byron or his people as a malevolent influence until he gets his brain fried by sleeping with Lyta. I really do think that sent him over the edge.

Quote:
But of course, Mac and Bo and their conversations really make the episode for me. The only corny dialog, really, that I remember from B5 was when Penn and Teller guest-starred.

Boy, was that a mistake. At least for me.
Yeah I agree on that... as for the latter, fortunately the rest of the episode made it bearable

"We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

Visit NiCK'S SANCTUARY
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote