View Single Post
Old November 20th 07, 06:14   #31
Jade Jaguar
First One

Re: EpDis: Into The Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elipsis View Post
Heavily philosophical, I am always torn between wanting to see this end in explosions or reason. I suppose we get our explosions with the earth conflict. I would've liked to have seen this as a 2-parter, but after reading the lurker's guide, I've got to agree that more shooting and space battles wouldn't have changed the way it had to end. Sheridan himself said that they could not win that battle, and to have them do so would have been unnatural given the strength of the first ones.
Well, I disagree, I think it easily could have ended in defeat for both the Shadows and the Vorlons. When I saw B5 the first time, Sheridan's strategy seemed obvious to me -- he was trying to incite a direct conflict between the Shadows and the Vorlons, in hopes that they would nearly wipe each other out. At that point, his forces, including the other First Ones, would try to take out the few weakened survivors. That might have worked.

So, I was surprised, and perhaps a little let down, that we didn't see an epic space battle. But, I like surprises, and liked the way JMS did handle it.
Benjamin Franklin 1775

"I know that the hypnotized never lie... Do ya?"
Pete Townshend 1971

FREE LEONARD PELTIER
Jade Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote