View Single Post
Old October 23rd 07, 00:08   #11
hypatia
First One

Re: EpDis: War Without End Part Two

Yea. I think it is one of my favorite (if not my #1 favorite) of the arc-related/arc-fulfilling stories. It was... fantastic.

Could someone run that thing with the suit by me again? The One(s) and, uh, when and why the suit switched hands so frequently?

But basically, this was the perfect way to "maybe-you-could-almost-see-it-happening" time travel story work. It ain't something you will use every day, or even twice.

As far as the acceptance of his fate, I don't see that as much reasoning it out as it "feeling right". He always "felt" he had some hidden, possibly great, destiny, and you get the impression it always haunted him that he had no real idea what that was. But suddenly, it all came together. And I bet it didn't even take much self-debate before he decided what he "must" do.

Ah, did he make the ultimate sacrifice, or did he embark upon the ultimate adventure? I guess it's all how you look at it.

Anyway, yes, fantastic story, and truthfully the one that I'll always see as being the "real payoff" to the Babylon 5 story arc.