View Single Post
Old September 19th 07, 05:32   #37
hypatia
First One

Re: EpDis: Dust To Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post
I always wondered why G'Kar got away with mind rape so easily both in the courts and with the viewers.
I commented on this some time ago. Some people here had some good arguments for it, though. The one I remember now is that G'kar now knew pretty much everything about Londo. Londo knew G'kar knows pretty much what he's been up to. So the didn't "push" for any stronger conviction.

There were other reasons, I can't remember though why his opinion would make much of a difference in a criminal trial. The courts don't go lighter on someone, significantly lighter, if the victim doesn't push for a strict sentence? So I don't know quite how that's supposed to work out, but it's a valid question.

Quote:

Did Londo have it coming to him and does this make it more acceptable?
That's one of the many questions this episode brings out. Especially since he would have, happily, killed Londo. Kosh is the reason he stopped, isn't it?

Quote:
As for what races survive,we have only a guess from a being from a decadent race
Decadent? I think that's the first time I've ever heard the Vorlons called quite that. It's an interesting perspective.

Now I'll picture all these encounter-suited beings sitting on the beach and having orgies and such.

Eww, Vorlon mating... don't know if I quite want to go there... :shocked: