View Single Post
Old September 14th 07, 08:10   #59
Galahad
First One

Send a message via MSN to Galahad Send a message via Yahoo to Galahad Send a message via Skype™ to Galahad
Re: EpDis: Passing Through Gethsemane

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshFan View Post
Eh, we all have personal bathwater sitting around stagnating, Galahad. Personally I've got at least a dozen tub's worth. I wasn't speaking of nations, I was speaking of Christians in general.
Eh?

No I got that vibe... I just thought that that you were alluding equally to maneth's statement as much as to mine and suggesting that the grotty bathwater was equivalent to dodgy preachers who abuse their position... but it seems you have as much problems with a sit around and do nothing church as I do.

As it happens I had a bathwater callout from the almighty myself last weekend. Nothing to do with anything a preacher said. I was just simply made aware of it in a very direct fashion. I blogged about it and compared the situation to a scene from Lord of the Rings. If you want to know a little mkore, PM me or something.. I won't go into too much detail... but I also don't wish to smother people with it here.

Right back to the episode itself.

I remember when it was first broadcast in the UK, one of the reviewers was critical of the ending. They weren't happy that it was the ringleader of Edward's killers who was taken in by the monks. They felt it was an unrealistic timescale and instead suggested that it should have been the mad bomber from Convictions.

I couldn't disagree more.

The reviewer seemed to think that the moral question about taking in a character who bears the face of your friends killer, was being posed to Sheridan alone... but it's not and that is the whole point. It is Theo and the monks who are equally challenged, in fact more so because they have lost a beloved colleague who they have known a lot longer than Sheridan had.

Part of me wonders if Theo actually had on some level recognised who Edward really was... and was keeping very coy about it.

At the end of this episode, Theo demonstrates that he has a wonderful capacity for agape love not just philos for his friends and order.

"We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

Visit NiCK'S SANCTUARY
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote