View Single Post
Old August 25th 07, 23:58   #32
Jade Jaguar
First One

Re: EpDis: The Parliament Of Dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
...while we dont know it yet, i feel it is revenge for his father rather than his people. G'Kars motives are entirely selfish at this point in the series.
Anyone in his situation would have many reasons, and some are bound to be personal. But, that doesn't mean he doesn't have larger reasons that go beyond the personal. His anger at the Centauri is understandable, even justifiable, at many levels.

I think most people are just unable to put themselves in his shoes, especially early on. G'Kar is angry, and Londo is a buffoon. Most people find a buffoon more agreeable, and therefore tend to have less sympathy for the angry one, not having been through what he has been through. How many viewers saw the Centauri as a bloody, brutal, genocidal, despotic bunch from the start? That is what G'Kar knew them to be. And, even if viewers did realize that on some level, they certainly didn't live with it as an open wound, as G'Kar did. So, simply put, Londo was more likeable, even though G'Kar's anger was righteous, so G'Kar was viewed as a bad guy by most people, from the start.
Benjamin Franklin 1775

"I know that the hypnotized never lie... Do ya?"
Pete Townshend 1971

FREE LEONARD PELTIER
Jade Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote