View Single Post
Old August 9th 07, 19:51   #14
crazyhorse
Anarchist

Re: EpDis: The Gathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaribaldisHair View Post
Looks like that master list of all the EpDis threads did its job ...

I seem to remember voting this one as a B. Very hard to give it an A when we in the UK didn't see it until almost the end of season 1. There had already been several episodes much better than it, it suffered from having a different feel to the soundtrack (not worse per se, just different from what I was used to), and I thought that all the replacement main characters (Franklin, Talia, Ivanova) were better than their counterparts in the pilot.

The re-edit is much better, but it still suffers from my not having seen it as the very first "episode". Now if I could just erase my memory of the show, go back and re-watch from the start ...
I don't know how it worked for you but I saw it on a taped video I borrowed of a hippy chick months before the series started and always felt that it had promise.

My initial reaction to the series was a "Star Trek meets Star Wars".

"me and other folk were just tryin tae get the boot in and some other guy banjoed him"

John Smeaton 2007

"You know why they're on the Internet don't you? Cos you wouldny speak to them in the fecking pub!" - Billy Connolly
crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote