View Single Post
Old June 26th 07, 21:11   #6
KoshN

Re: EpDis: Crusade: The Path Of Sorrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
Is that actually mentioned by Galen or is it something you believe is implied by his reaction? I'd never considered it.
No, it's not from something that Galen said. It's not literal, like that. For me, it's the look of realization that came over Galen's face after he read the message, and heard/remembered Isabelle's words. It's as if somebody threw a switch and you can just see Galen's mind going to strongly suspect that the alien sent the message. The alien tapped into Galen's mind and Galen knows it. IMHO, Galen suspects that the alien manufactured the transmission, possibly to give him some peace/forgiveness.

Quote:
Whereas I think he knew exactly what he was doing with that note. There is something about the way he says "I know", which leads me to suspect it has two meanings.
I think Matheson is just agreeing and empathizing with Galen over the message coming from nowhere in particular. Neither one knows what to believe.

Quote:
I don't doubt that at all. It is clear that Matheson sees his ability as a gift to better the lives around him, when he bends the rules, he does it out of a genuione compassion and need to benefit their lives.
He'd certainly be a good friend.
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote