View Single Post
Old June 26th 07, 19:18   #4
KoshN

Re: EpDis: Crusade: The Path Of Sorrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
I've always felt that Matheson telepathically picked up on Galen's memory, due to his strong emotional outburst.
Which strong emotional outburst?

When Galen was about to cast a fireball at the alien, and Gideon and Matheson stopped him, and Galen left?

...or...

When Galen crumpled up and discarded the message that Matheson handed him?

Quote:
I think he deliberately tried to help him overcome his long held grief, by bringing that "message" that was picked up by Excalibur.

Whether or not he made it up, found something pertinent, randomly by happy coincidence,
I don't think that Matheson would have made it up or found something pertinent, randomly by happy coincidence, and used it to help Galen overcome his long held grief. That would be manipulation of a friend and crewmember, regardless of the good intentions, and I don't think Matheson would have done that.

Quote:
....or recieved a deliberate transmission by Isabel from beyond, is an entirely different matter and entirely up to the individual I guess.
I think the alien sent it (as Galen suspects), but it might be that the alien was a conduit/facilitator for Isabelle's message (like Lochley was a conduit/facilitator for Kosh's message to Sheridan in Day of the Dead.). Matheson just brought it to Galen, not knowing beforehand the context, but may have picked up on it after he gave the note to Galen. Regardless, Matheson's empathy and understanding is sincere.
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote