View Single Post
Old May 4th 07, 21:41   #8
glamourweaver
Lurker

Re: Theory on "In the Beginning"

I accept the point on the Rangers, but I've got to disagree with the "he just reused an actor" point on Hedronn/Coplann. If it was just a case of two Minbari, I'd agree (as with the two Narn that Robin Sachs played), but these are two SATAI!

We see the "choose quickly, we are fast running out of candidates" clip in the Season 2 Premier with Satai Hedronn. We aren't supposed to assume that's him? The entire reason (beyond his impressive talent) that Robin Sachs is in that role in ItB is to work with that clip.... they unfortunately overlooked the surrounding context of the clip in the episode it originally came from.

I just watched the DVD commentary on ItB, & JMS directly admits the G'Kar/Sheridan/Franklin plotline doesn't make a great deal of sense, but that he needed to use the series character for a major plotpoint, so there you are.

I think continuity is best served if we take that confession of JMS (which I completely understand & don't fault him for in the slightest) and apply it to Londo, our in-setting storyteller. He's taking certain liscences to make the story more continuous & interesting for the children.
glamourweaver is offline   Reply With Quote