View Single Post
Old April 27th 07, 18:12   #6
KoshN

Re: EpDis: Crusade: Racing The Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lousy_Dodgers View Post
I voted B. In terms of Crusade episodes, it is one of my favorites but it was not equal to the A episodes of B5...still better than most anything else on TV though...if the grading scale was only in the context of Crusade, then it would be an A.
That's one of the reasons I gave it a B.

Could have been "A -- Excellent" were it not for Gideon's "Sheridan Main Guns moment"[1], where under the force of the intensified gravitational field and losing ground (being pulled down toward the planet) he fires the main guns, and therefore quits resisting the pull of the gravitational field (and there's no visible effect onscreen).

The thing JMS finds objectionable, the talky part with the alien at the end, I don't find troubling at all.

[1] Sheridan fired the main guns while still moving toward the null field in "A Call to Arms."
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote