View Single Post
Old April 26th 07, 00:42   #54
Jan
Psi Cop

Re: EpDis: The Legend of the Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshN View Post
I remember JMS saying that his original idea (Sarah in a sort of motorized chair that dropped into a virtual environment and operated sort of like the belly gunner in a B-17.) was too costly and that they went with Sarah doing wirework instead as their replacement idea, but I can't find the JMS post now, either. I'm looking up by keywords that I know were in the post, and the post just is not there now. It's almost as if somebody deleted it.[/url]
That sounds a little paranoid. Might it have been in the B5 magazine? Or in an interview elsewhere? Annoying as it is (really! ), not everything JMS has said in in the JMSnews.com archives. I run into that all the time and then find the source months later.

Anyway, once and for all, here's the actual description transcribed from the script:

[David orders "Weapons, prepare to fire!] Script pages 36-37.

Quote:
INT. GUNNERY POD
--A round, black space that suddenly LIGHTS UP with the view of surrounding space in a complete 360 display, her seat suspended in the center of it all. (visually it's a cross between a WW2 flying fortress tail gunner, and the circular readouts on the fighters in the Lost in Space feature.)
<snip dialogue>
INT. GUNNERY POD
Sarah's chair and the display swivels with her --
ANGLE - ON HER EYE
reflecting the display and the alien ships...the system tracking the movements of her ehes. She locks on, CLENCHES a fist and
EXT. LIANDRA
The ship's guns FIRE.
Fast-forward to the mine field. Script page 71-72. David orders Sarah to clear the road.
Quote:
INT. GUNNERY POD
As Sarah swings around, facing the incoming mines. She FIRES madly, BLASTING the mines as she goes.
EXT. LIANDRA
The weapons FLASH in a blur of movement, BLASTING the mines barely feet from the ship.
INT. GUNNERY POD
Sarah is firing with everything she's got, spinning and firing, spinning and firing, pinpointing and hitting one mine after anothere, fast-fast-fast.
SARAH: (a growing yell)
It becomes a PRIMAL YELL as she scrambles to keep up with it all.
EXT. MINES
They're HIT over and over, EXPLODING into a FIERY CLOUD.
INT. GUNNERY POD
TIGHT on Sarah's eyes, frenzied, half-mad with effort.
EXT. LIANDRA
As if finally COMES THROUGH the cloud of fire which dissipatess at their passing.
There, okay? Please point out to me anyplace where it's in the script that Sarah punches and kicks. Feel free to wait until the script book comes out and look it up yourself. In the meantime, let me know if you have any other passages you'd like me to transcribe.

Otherwise...maybe this could be put to bed?

Jan
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote