View Single Post
Old April 20th 07, 03:56   #32
KoshN

Re: EpDis: The Legend of the Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
You can't count that against them.
I'm not counting it against anybody. I was just saying that Sci-Fi cancelled SG-1, so soon all there will be is SG-A. I don't think that qualifies as "numerous Stargates" (shows not gates).

Quote:
And frankly, they should have pulled the plug a while ago. Their series "reboot" with the new enemy and new team isn't working as well as it should.
I think it's going fine. I've watched SG-1 Seasons 1 thru 9. I haven't had The Sci-Fi Channel since Dec. 2003, when Comcast (Pittsburgh, PA) moved the channel from Extended Basic to Digital, so I've watched since then via the DVD sets. I've come to accept both Ben Browder and Claudia Black in SG-1 , and am looking forward to the SG-1 Season 10 DVD Set coming out on July 24th.

Quote:
Hell, it took them a long time to go almost no where with their first enemy. The show as a whole never really impressed me that much, so I was very surprised it lasted 10 seasons.
I'm not surprised. They had and have an excellent cast and a very accessible show (easy to step into).

Quote:
Can't knock SciFi channel for cancelling SG1 though, it had more than its run, and there are possibly a couple movies to come.
I'm not knocking anybody. I'm just stating it as a fact. The Sci-Fi Channel cancelled SG-1, and so there soon will be only SG-A left, and that hardly counts as "numerous Stargates" (darth librarian's words).

Quote:
Also, Stargate Atlantis (which is MUCH better IMO) is still running strong.
I've seen SG-1 Seasons 1 thru 9, and the pilot episode of SG-A. Still haven't bought or rented the SG-A DVD Season Sets. I wasn't all that impressed with SG-A, though I'm happy to hear that Carter (Amanda Tapping) is going over to SG-A. I was disappointed that Jessica Steen did not continue in the role of Dr. Weir. I prefer Jessica Steen to Torri Higginson.
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."

Last edited by KoshN; April 20th 07 at 23:37. Reason: fixed punctuation
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote