View Single Post
Old April 18th 07, 17:07   #24
Recoil
First One

Re: EpDis: The Legend of the Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshN View Post
Well, they cancelled SG-1, so after these last 10 episodes (205-214) air, all that's left is SG-A of the Stargate franchise on The Sci-Fi Channel.

You can't count that against them. That show was on the air for TEN YEARS. I don't think I have ever seen a Sci-Fi show run close to that long (in the US, so hold off on the Doctor Who stuff please).

And frankly, they should have pulled the plug a while ago. Their series "reboot" with the new enemy and new team isn't working as well as it should. Hell, it took them a long time to go almost no where with their first enemy. The show as a whole never really impressed me that much, so I was very surprised it lasted 10 seasons.

Can't knock SciFi channel for cancelling SG1 though, it had more than its run, and there are possibly a couple movies to come. Also, Stargate Atlantis (which is MUCH better IMO) is still running strong.

But Kirbu is right. Back when Rangers aired, SciFi wanted to get away from Aliens and Sci Fi. Well gee whiz. When they got back to their roots their ratings went up again. Imagine that!