View Single Post
Old March 16th 07, 16:26   #9
Recoil
First One

Re: EpDis: In The Beginning

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMcD View Post
The subject matter leaves little room for B5's fun sense of humour and irreverance.
Wait a sec. B5 has a fun sense of humor?

I've always thought humor is the one area that B5 never got right, and always failed to deliver. Some of the weakest and cheesiest moments in all of B5 are where they are trying to be funny...and it comes across as forced and always feels out of place. The humor in B5 in no way compares to other shows that really did a good job mixing it in (Joss Whedon's shows come to mind).

And truthfully, I don't think they really should have tried. Im OK with B5 not having a high, or even good, humor content. I think it should have been more of a serious drama and they should have left all attempts at humor out. BSG is just fine without trying to pull off campy humor here and there.

Boy, that wasn't totally on topic was it?

Although I do agree with your comments about how ItB felt very odd in its timing and delivery. I like it the best out of all the movies, and think its a great piece of the series, and one of its better moments/stories. However, I remember rewatching it with a friend and thinking "Man...there is a LOT of dialogue in this...its kind of...boring." It tells a great story, but I can see where many people might be turned off by its odd pacing.