View Single Post
Old June 26th 06, 13:07   #10
KoshFan
Soul Hunter

Re: EpDis: Rumors, Bargains and Lies

Quote:
"People are stupid."

A version of this was said by Principal Snyder in reference to the residents of Sunnydale and their ability to disregard the frequent supernatural occurances that happen around town in Buffy The Vampire Slayer. If I remember correctly, his specific version was, "I don't know if you've payed attention, but people in this town are deeply stupid." People seeing a group of vampires and thinking them to just be a gang wacked out on PCP or getting bitten by a vampire, not remembering much about it, and thinking because of the shape of the neck wound that they must have fallen on one of those two-pronged barbeque forks despite not owning one, for examples.
Specifically, I believe Snyder was talking about the Sunnydale police, but on the wider scale it was true for people as well, too. The smart folks like Oz had no trouble believing the whole vampire deal as soon as it was pointed out to them.

The cops, of course, never did realize what was going on. Which is why the Trio never really worried about them. They knew who Sunnydale's finest really were.
KoshFan is offline   Reply With Quote