View Single Post
Old February 15th 06, 16:35   #32
PillowRock
Psi Cop

Re: EpDis: And The Rock Cried Out No Hiding Place

Quote:
I found one minor quibble- that the clerics working as underground intelligence were from every major religion, one each. That's just so... I dunno, Sesame Street or something. Let's all hold hands and sing around the world kind of bullshit.
On the other hand, if some Interfaith Council type of organization was sending a delegation, then that's exactly the kind of make-up that I would expect that delegation to have.

Quote:
Why did only the Baptist minister get a service? And he brought his gospel choir entourage with him?
I had actually always assumed that was a local church choir of people who lived on the station (since there was never any mention of anybody beyond the three of them making the trip), and that the fact that his denomination happened to have such an active local parish (or whatever the appropriate term is) was why he was presiding over the joint service. He was the visiting clergyman with proper credentials / certification to preside in that church.

Plus, of course, there is always the point that just because services of the other religions didn't fit into the 42 minutes of broadcast time does not *necessarily* mean that such services did not take place.
PillowRock is offline   Reply With Quote