View Single Post
Old January 12th 06, 13:58   #30
Jacqui
Lurker

Re: EpDis: Passing Through Gethsemane

This is one of my top 5 favorite eps of the entire saga. Mainly because of Douriff. I've been a fan of his for eons it seems and to have him play such a tragic and complex character was delightful. A *very* long way from Doc Cochran (Deadwood's sawbones, for those unfamiliar), but still one in a long line of brilliant characterizations from a master.

This brought to light some of JMS' most stirring and troubling themes. One, who among us would be brave enough to take one for the home team? Two, what is the nature of forgiveness and is it **really** possible to totally forgive someone?

Truly deep stuff. I just watched it again on DVD and even after all this time of B5 drought here in my little hermitage, it's still just as riveting as ever.

Oh, and by way of post script. . .this is proof that no good deed goes unpunished--Lyta's abandonment by the very people she's helped to save so many times, despite certain personal peril. And, what goes around comes around. The poster above said it: a little gratitude would've gone a very long way with Lyta. Too bad they were all too blind to appreciate what she did. Well, other than poor little Zack and his really unappetizing-looking pizza.

Jacqui
Jacqui is offline   Reply With Quote