View Single Post
Old November 29th 05, 16:42   #14
Joseph DeMartino

Re: EpDis: Severed Dreams

Quote:
True, I agree that it would have been suicidal, but this was the new improved "cocky" Earthforce.
It was the old improved cocky Earthforce (fresh from its decisive intervention in the Dilgar War) that started the war with the Minbari that almost led to the extermination of humanity. Clark's influence on Earthforce notwithstanding, none of the senior officers (all of whom would have served in the war, all of whom would have lost shipmates, friends or family to the Minbari) would have dared attack a Minbari. Earthforce still had no way to reliably lock onto even an ordinary Minbari warship, had inferior drives and handling characteristics and that's without considering the unknown capabilities of the White Star.

Quote:
If somebody that pissed and earnest had a loaded 44 Magnum with its hammer cocked, finger on the trigger, and pointed at your head, would you "test" 'em?
Great, now I keep hearing Mira's voice finishing that speech by saying, "So, you gotta ask yourself, 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"

Joe
Joseph DeMartino is offline   Reply With Quote