Thread: EpDis: GROPOS
View Single Post
Old October 28th 05, 23:01   #53
Boxie
Telepath

Send a message via MSN to Boxie Send a message via Yahoo to Boxie
Re: EpDis: GROPOS

Well guys... I liked it! Of course, I have no practical knowledge of military protocol, so some of things mentioned didn't bother me at all. Although, I was surprised to see the look on Sheridan's face, and his reply, to the General when met with the news he had to find beds for everyone. I would have assumed that required only a, "Yes, sir." response, reserving his "abba abba...but.." reply, and his doubt, for later.

And how about that Dodger!! What a little spitfire she was! I think she snuck( ) up on Mr. Garilbaldi...He liked her a lot. I think what stopped him was the prospect of messing up his life even more, and maybe inadvertently hers, with an ill-planned move.

Dodger said a lot of things to Michael in his quarters that clearly showed who she was and revealed much about the life she led. Some of her words haunted me when I saw she'd been killed. Did she hear the shot that took her out...?? I hope not...

I loved the bar fight because of what happened in the middle of it. Michael and Dodger nearly took a swing at each other! They had almost no time to react, but you could just see it kind of tickled them that they came that close! I liked that part so much; the rest of the fight is just a blur.

I also liked the General Franklin character. Paul Winfield was just an excellent actor. I think the stiffness of his dialog and posturing was intentional. Watch him. It almost appears that he's holding his breath, as if he's carrying the weight of this mission and his troops on his chest.

I think he knew what was coming...that it was a dicey mission, that the likelihood of heavy losses was great, and the only chance of savings some of those lives and meeting the objective was to never take his eye off the ball.

Long time a soldier, I think he knew he could ill-afford to mentally stray from his mission, or his men, to address personal relationships or make speeches. The rest would have to wait; he had a job to do.

I gave it an "A".
Boxie is offline   Reply With Quote