View Single Post
Old October 21st 05, 09:25   #35
deaded
Telepath

Re: EpDis: Comes The Inquisitor

Quote:
Unspeakably great. Mira blows me away every time. Witness:

"Am I close, Mr Sebastian?" Strong, defiant.

"This body is only a shell. You cannot touch me. You cannot harm me. I am not afraid." Serene, victorious.

Magnificent. And I don't know why, I know it's coming every time, but that last ".....known only as Jack." makes me go cold to my soles every time. Astounding.
I'll bet you're a big Greg Benford fan too?

Ah... Wayne Alexander! He's da MAN! He's as much a B5 icon as Lyta or Vir. He must have been close to the casting director or JMS or somebody cuz he's all over the place. And he's so good that the only way I knew it was him was the credits. Actually, I never even suspected that he was Sebastian until I read it here. He's one smoooooth dude.

... oh, and I gave this ep a B. I liked it, and I like the continuity and growth of Sheridan and Delen. Also you see their love really bloom here (not that it's a good thing). I'm just so sick of the whole, "Jack the Ripper," thing. I mean, if it had not just been done by STTNG, then ok, but it makes it seem copycatish to me. I mean, I guessed that he was JtR way too soon in the show. A twist would have been nice here and a whole episode dedicated to an extremely predictable end just doesn't cut it in my book. I can't see this standing up to episodes like, "In the Shadow of Z'ha'dum," "Falling Toward Apotheosis," "Into the Fire," "Epiphanies," "Z'ha'dum," or, "War Without End." I mean, it's good, it's B5, but it's not, "WOAH!"
deaded is offline   Reply With Quote