View Single Post
Old February 9th 05, 21:48   #13
2aMageing
Soul Hunter

Re: EpDis: A Voice In The Wilderness Part 1

Quote:

The first thing I think of when I look at this episode is Londo. It's his last hurrah, last noble and "fun" adventure before entering the darkness that would consume the rest of his life. Once you've seen the series straight through, Londo in this episode takes on a whole new meaning- the first viewing, it's comical or silly. The second one, it's bittersweet.

Ah, that's right. That might be my favorite Londo sequence.......up there with teaching bugs not to triffle with a Centauri.

"Landing thruster.......landing thruster.......let's see, if I were a landing thruster, where would I be????"

It kind of feels like we are getting a glimpse into who he was before he came to B5 and ended up being "touched by darkness". I can see the swashbuckling Paso Leati flying fearlessly through the storm of battle for the glory of the old republic. But, given the coming darkness, it is quite accurate to describe it as bittersweet to see him free of his station, even if only for a little while.

I thought part 1 was a bit better than part 2, mostly because I found the attacking aliens to be more rediculous than fearsome. The presence of Earthforce was a mildly amusing sideline player in the story. Really, the best of it was seeing Draal find a place for himself just shy of leaving entirely. It feels alot like when Sinclair describes himself as having found his place, like the arrow that springs forth from the bow, no doubt, no hesitation. Draal's place with the great machine felt very similar.

Altogether I would give it a B, probably B+. Kind of rough, but very worthwhile and easily entertaining.
2aMageing is offline   Reply With Quote