View Single Post
Old August 9th 04, 22:55   #6
Ninja_Squirrel
First One

Re: Stand Alone Episodes

Quote:
What are all the stand-alone episodes in the main B5 series?... I know S3E2 - "Convictions" is a great example of a stand-alone, but are there others?
Considering the previous comments, I don't think there's a list that won't spur debate. It's true that almost all episodes have at least a smidgen of arc story, significant character development, and/or character history. However, I'll give it my best shot (seasons 1 & 2 will probably be the most off):

Season 1
========
Soul Hunter
Infection
The Parliament of Dreams
The War Prayer
Deathwalker
Believers
Survivors
By Any Means Necessary
Grail
Legacies
The Quality of Mercy

Season 2
========
A Distant Star
The Long Dark
A Spider in the Web
Soul Mates
GROPOS
And Now For a Word
Knives
Confessions and Lamentations
Divided Loyalties

Season 3
========
Convictions
Passing Through Gethsemane
Exogensis
A Late Delivery From Avalon

Season 4
========
(none)

Season 5
========
A View From the Gallery (added later; thanks Almir)
Day of the Dead
The Corps is Mother, The Corps is Father

All of Season 4 is arc, either in terms of the Shadow War, the aftermath of the Shadow War, revelations about the past, Minbari civil war, Earth civil war, or a glimpse of the distant future. Season 5 comes close to being all arc also, thanks to the overlapping Telepath, Alliance, and Centauri storylines, as well as what I call the "goodbye" episodes.

My favorite stand-alone episodes are Deathwalker, Quality of Mercy, Knives, Confessions and Lamentations, and Passing Through Gethsemane. Unfortunately, several of the other stand-alones are the most dominant stinkers of the whole series.
Ninja_Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote