B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   Non-B5 books, TV & films (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Dresden Files (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=9870)

Demonn April 13th 09 17:22

Re: The Dresden Files

Quote:

Originally Posted by KoshN (Post 340268)
Well, like I said, he's used his sword cane before. He also tried to use Amoracchius that one time (bad idea).

The sword cane is mentioned and slightly used in Turn Coat... not by Harry though. I like how he never even picked up a sword in the book and yet there he is... holding one..... on the cover. Hmmm...

The cover to Small Favor shows him holding a single action revolver too... pretty sure his 44 isn't THAT old. ;)

& I don't think he's ever worn a hat... yet he's wearing one on every cover. It looks cool... but that's not how he rolls. :p Trench coat yes, staff yes, 44 occasionally. No cowboy hat though. He wore cowboy boots in a couple books though.

The guy who does the cover needs to get his $hit together. :p

KoshN April 14th 09 05:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonn (Post 340420)
Well I spent how many months telling people I was waiting for this book so when it came out I took off & everybody I know had enough good sense to leave me the &^@! alone till I finished it. :p My nephew was a little annoying but I can't blame him for being a kid.

"What are you doing?"
"Reading."

"What are you doing?"
"Reading..."

"What are you doing?"
"READING!"

"What are you doing?"
"READING!!!"

"What are you doing?"
"I'm READING!!!!!"

"WHY?"
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! :p

:guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw:

KoshN April 14th 09 05:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonn (Post 340421)
The sword cane is mentioned and slightly used in Turn Coat... not by Harry though. I like how he never even picked up a sword in the book and yet there he is... holding one..... on the cover. Hmmm...

Like I said, a tease for those of us who are expecting Warden Harry to get a freaking sword!

Quote:

The cover to Small Favor shows him holding a single action revolver too... pretty sure his 44 isn't THAT old. ;)

Well, you could buy a Ruger Single Action 44 today, but you'tre right, it wouldn't look as old as the one pictured on the cover. That looks Civil War era.

Quote:

& I don't think he's ever worn a hat... yet he's wearing one on every cover. It looks cool... but that's not how he rolls. :p Trench coat yes, staff yes, 44 occasionally. No cowboy hat though. He wore cowboy boots in a couple books though.

Hasn't he worn a Cubs hat as part of a disguise, or maybe I'm thinking of Murph.

Quote:

The guy who does the cover needs to get his $hit together. :p

TRUE! Well, at least the glowing runes on his staff are the right color.

Demonn October 3rd 09 05:14

I'm liking the new covor. ;)
http://www.jim-butcher.com/pics/prod...er_106-300.jpg

Demonn April 5th 10 05:00

Changes comes out Teusday for those of you reading the books... the first 4 chapters are also available online if anybody wants to check it out.

KoshN April 5th 10 12:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonn (Post 350954)

Whoa! We actually see his face (frontal 3/4 view) on a cover?!

Thanks for the heads-up about the release. :)

KoshN April 5th 10 22:42

Ordered it from Amazon at 8:22 AM today 4/5 and got it for the pre-order price of $9.99 (hardcover). :D

Shipped at 6:18PM today. :D :D

Demonn April 7th 10 23:06

& i just finished it today... had a to be continued ending so be warned. It better be a to be continued episede anyway...

And I remember complaining before about how on every cover Harry Dresden is wearing a hat... which he never wears in the books. He actually says in Changes... "I don't do hats" :p

KoshN April 8th 10 00:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonn (Post 359246)
& i just finished it today.

It came out yesterday, you finished it today, and I haven't even gotten it yet! :rolleyes:

Quote:

.. had a to be continued ending so be warned. It better be a to be continued episede

book

Quote:

....anyway...

Damn! No wrap up, ....a cliffhanger? Heh, by the time I get to it and read it, maybe the next one will be out.

Quote:

And I remember complaining before about how on every cover Harry Dresden is wearing a hat... which he never wears in the books. He actually says in Changes... "I don't do hats" :p

I don't think he ever wore one in the TV show, either. Not sure about the comics or graphic novel.

I never used to wear hats unless it was -20degF and windy. Babylon 5 and Crusade changed that. ;) Most days, I wear my Crusade ballcap, and nobody knows what "Crusade" is (was). People have actually asked. The rest of the time I wear my "Babylon 5" ballcaps, and almost nobody knows it, either.

Demonn April 10th 10 01:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by KoshN (Post 359249)
Damn! No wrap up, ....a cliffhanger? Heh, by the time I get to it and read it, maybe the next one will be out.

Yep... cliffhanger... to be continued at a later date I guess.

Changes really was an good title for the book... everything changed. :p By the time you get to the end you're left with, "what happens next?"