B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   Non-B5 books, TV & films (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Dresden Files (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=9870)

Demonn September 5th 07 15:48

Re: The Dresden Files

CANCELED... Scifi sucks a$$.

Boxie September 7th 07 20:12

:(

Mindwalker September 7th 07 20:14

of course....it was a good show

therefore it had to go.

KoshN September 7th 07 21:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindwalker (Post 308215)
of course....it was a good show

therefore it had to go.

Well, that's more true of FOX network than The Sci-Fi Channel.

I bought The Dresden Files DVD set a few days ago, but haven't watched it yet, because I'm on a SG-1 Season 10 streak, and have two episodes of that one left to watch. Are the Dresden Files episodes in the correct order on the DVD set, or did they follow the airing order (like WHV did with Crusade)? Is the correct airing order shown anywhere? I'm new to this show.

KoshN September 21st 07 21:11

I haven't read any of the Dresden Files books yet. That said, I found this to be a great show. Figures that The Sci-Fi Channel would cancel it. :(

Boxie September 23rd 07 18:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by KoshN (Post 309015)
I haven't read any of the Dresden Files books yet.

:DDO read the books, KoshN! I love the show, but the books are amazing!

KoshN September 23rd 07 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxie (Post 309130)

Oh, I plan to read the books. ;) I finished the DVD set on Sep. 21st and like to read related books after having watched the TV episodes because it gives me visuals and voices to plug in as I read, and because people who read the books first are usually the ones who are most disappointed and virulently against what they saw on TV. Most of the reviewers of "The Dresden Files" who have trashed the TV show, are the ones who read the books first.

Demonn July 18th 08 05:42

I missed the very last episode that aired for the show on TV so I figured I could Netflix it. I forgot that the SciFi channel F'ed with the order of the episodes so the disc I got had all the episodes that I had already seen. Now I'm on the fence... I don't know if I want to buy the box set or just let it go. SciFi kicked the show to the curb. I was gonna write a letter & I normally don't do letters.

I was watching Deadwood the other day and the guy who played Dresden turned up in it. He was a hired gun that shot a cornish worker in a bar & then later he got his throat slit by Swaringen. At least the guy is getting work.

KoshN August 27th 08 04:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxie (Post 309130)

I've read:

Book 1 -Storm Front
Book 2 - Fool Moon
Book 3 - Grave Peril

...and am near the end of ...

Book 4 - Summer Knight.

Enjoyed 'em all, each more than the one before it, but putting Harry through greater and even greater hell and suffering is getting a tad old. Harry and Job have a lot in common. :rolleyes: I've bought all the books thru White Night, and will be reading them all, in order. Waiting for Small Favor to come out in paperback.

Mindwalker August 31st 08 20:28

Im on the last 40+ pages of "Dead Beat" and I have already picked up "White Night". Like KoshN I am waiting for Small Favors to come out in paperback.