B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   Non-B5 books, TV & films (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Dresden Files (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=9870)

Demonn October 3rd 13 19:39

Re: The Dresden Files
 
I liked the jeep too... plus it was American so it fit.

KoshN December 21st 13 01:46

Re: The Dresden Files
 
Demonn,

"Skin Game" - Book 15 of The Dresden Files is to be released on May 27th, 2014. When is the Kindle version usually released?

I have 'em all in either paperback or hardback, but also now have 'em on my new Kindle.

Demonn December 26th 13 19:02

Re: The Dresden Files
 
Pretty sure kindle has the same release date... I know I'd kill someone if I was waiting on the book & somebody was like, "oh yeah, I have that already on Kindle." But then I would also have my own Kindle after that. :p

I have the older paperbacks up until 10 or so & then all the newer hard covers. Just reread everything a month or two ago so I'm really looking 4ward to Skin Game.

Spoiler for Skin Game:
I was surprised to see that Nicodemous was still alive & kickin' when I read the thing for the book.. I was like 80% sure he was dead. I wanted him to be dead. Now I'm kinda glad he isn't though.

KoshN December 27th 13 03:26

Re: The Dresden Files
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonn (Post 443462)
Pretty sure kindle has the same release date... I know I'd kill someone if I was waiting on the book & somebody was like, "oh yeah, I have that already on Kindle." But then I would also have my own Kindle after that. :p

I have the older paperbacks up until 10 or so & then all the newer hard covers. Just reread everything a month or two ago so I'm really looking 4ward to Skin Game.

Spoiler for Skin Game:
I was surprised to see that Nicodemous was still alive & kickin' when I read the thing for the book.. I was like 80% sure he was dead. I wanted him to be dead. Now I'm kinda glad he isn't though.

Jim Butcher tweeted me back:

Jim Butcher Dot Com
@jimbutchernews
*
@MacBreck Same day! Amazon should add a preorder link soon. We'll post an announcement when it's available. (03:14 AM - 21 Dec 13)


BTW, I got paperbacks of #1 "Storm Front" thru #10 "Small Favor" and "Side Jobs." Starting with "Turn Coat" I went to hardbacks. However, now I have everything also on Kindle, including Blood Lite, Dangerous Women ("Bombshells" about Molly Carpenter, i.e. from her POV.), and Ghoul/Goblin.


ps. Based upon the title, I thought that "Skin Game" would be about skin walkers (naagloshii).

Demonn December 29th 13 14:42

Re: The Dresden Files
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KoshN (Post 443495)
ps. Based upon the title, I thought that "Skin Game" would be about skin walkers (naagloshii).

It might be... you never know, Harry might end up releasing some of them to fight the Nickleheads... or somebody else. I'm looking 4ward to whatever JB has in mind.

KoshN January 28th 14 19:08

Re: The Dresden Files
 
Hey, you never mentioned that at the end of Turn Coat, Harry and Ebenezar talk about forming a Grey Council. :D

Demonn March 4th 14 16:50

Re: The Dresden Files
 
Never thought about it like that... :p

KoshN March 5th 14 16:35

Re: The Dresden Files
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonn (Post 447182)
Never thought about it like that... :p

How could you NOT think of it like that?

BTW, the spinoff of the TV show "Supernatural", "Supernatural: Tribes"

http://m.deadline.com/2014/02/daniel...spinoff-leads/

....is to be set in CHICAGO! Too bad "The Dresden Files" got cancelled. We could've had a crossover ep..


ps. "Divergent" March 24th and "Godzilla" (2014) May 16th. While I might go see Divergent, I WILL go see Godzilla. :D

Demonn March 6th 14 21:54

Re: The Dresden Files
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KoshN (Post 447203)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonn (Post 447182)
Never thought about it like that... :p

How could you NOT think of it like that?

I just didn't notice it. :p

To me... the White Council is the ruling body. The Grey isn't anything official and it's just what they call themselves. It never clicked in my head.

If there ever comes a point in the books where 9 of them are standing around a light fixture I'll definitely say something though. :p



Quote:

Originally Posted by KoshN (Post 447203)
BTW, the spinoff of the TV show "Supernatural", "Supernatural: Tribes"

http://m.deadline.com/2014/02/daniel...spinoff-leads/

....is to be set in CHICAGO! Too bad "The Dresden Files" got cancelled. We could've had a crossover ep..

I still gotta catch up on Supernatural... been watchin’ it on Netflix & I left off in the middle of whatever Season Dean came back from Hell.

The thing about watchin’ anything on Netflix is your always a season behind whatever is running on TV and you can never really catch up so why try?



Quote:

Originally Posted by KoshN (Post 447203)
ps. "Divergent" March 24th and "Godzilla" (2014) May 16th. While I might go see Divergent, I WILL go see Godzilla. :D

I'll probably check out Divergent in theatres but I don't give a damn about the books.

Just watched the trailer for Godzilla the other day... it could be interesting I guess. I don't really get into monster movies though.

I did like Cloverfield though if you ever saw that one.

KoshN March 6th 14 22:08

Re: The Dresden Files
 
I, too, am a season behind on Supernatural because since dropping cable a year ago, I can no longer "get" The CW. I've bought Supernatural season sets ever since I got part way renting Season 1 on Netflix. So, I'm a season behind, too. In the fall, I buy the new season set and finish it in 2 or 3 days.

Godzilla (and the one Gorgo movie) is are pretty much my sole interest in monster movies. Yeah, I watched Cloverfield (because I like Lizzy Caplan ever since The Class TV show, and True Blood :D :drool:). I've never been able to stand ape movies, though.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:26.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2001 - 2008 B5TV.COM