B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.world (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   EpDis: Secrets Of The Soul (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=9387)

vacantlook November 5th 06 19:39

EpDis: Secrets Of The Soul

Refresher Links:
Lurker's Guide Main Page for Secrets Of The Soul
Lurker's Guide Extended Synopsis for Secrets Of The Soul

RW7427 November 5th 06 20:18

Re: EpDis: Secrets Of The Soul

I like this ep. I know it's kinda boring with not a lot of action in it, and yes, there's the fact that not much occurs that is relevant to the overall happenings of season 5, but it's till good nonetheless. The ep gives some interesting history of one of the races of B5, and it helps us know a little more about Stephen Franklin too.

hypatia November 5th 06 21:05

Did we really learn more about Franklin? He'd already put his career on the line to keep Minbari biological information out of the hands of the military during the Earth/Minbari war.

I do like the episode, though. It reinforces an important aspect of Franklin's personality and past, and it has Lyta finally deciding that mundanes really have treated her like shit.

Sindatur November 6th 06 14:34

Yea, Lyta starting her turn, I think is what keeps this a solid "B" for me.

Mike G November 6th 06 15:05

I gave it an F. I can honestly say, this is the only episode of B5 that I really don't like, and would give below a C. Except for the end, it all seems inconsequential or just plain boring to me.

KoshN November 6th 06 18:25

Quote:

Yea, Lyta starting her turn, I think is what keeps this a solid "B" for me.

The only memorable part of this episode, for me, was what Lyta reveals of the Vorlons. For that I gave it a B. Otherwise Byron would have dragged it down to a C or D.

Boxie November 8th 06 14:46

It was okay, not my favorite episode. :o I just don't care much for Byron... :D He's not my cup of tea!

I am curious about something though, the credits list that Tony Dow directed this episode. Is that Leave it To Beaver's brother, Tony Dow :) or a different Tony Dow?

Sindatur November 8th 06 14:46

That would indeed be Wally Cleaver.

Boxie November 8th 06 14:49

:D It WAS Wally?? Wow...and thanks, :D I couldn't remember his character's name!! Actually, I remembered the Cleaver part, but the first name just would not come to me... :o

Joseph DeMartino November 8th 06 16:25

Quote:

The only memorable part of this episode, for me, was what Lyta reveals of the Vorlons.

The memorable part of this episode for me was how much Lyta revealed of herself. :beer: I generally fast-forward to the good parts, then watch it with the sound turned off . :)

Regards,

Joe

We really need a lecherous leer smiley. ;)