B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.world (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   EpDis: A View From The Gallery (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=9321)

vacantlook October 5th 06 07:19

EpDis: A View From The Gallery

Refresher Links:
Lurker's Guide Main Page for A View From The Gallery
Lurker's Guide Extended Synopsis for A View From The Gallery

Jan October 5th 06 16:55

Re: EpDis: A View From The Gallery

One of my favorites. I loved Mack and Bo

Jan

KoshFan October 5th 06 17:15

It really would have made more sense if it had been Clark's forces attacking and not some random space-faring Mongol Horde, but this was still a good ep. I personally love "break-the-mold" type eps, and while this one isn't as good as, say, Intersections in Real Time (or, to jump shows, Hush), it was still a fine example of the type.

Sindatur October 5th 06 17:43

Quote:

It really would have made more sense if it had been Clark's forces attacking and not some random space-faring Mongol Horde, but this was still a good ep.

Not really. Clarke was already dead, and Lochley was already assigned as Earthforce's representative on the station. I think I recall hearing that those raiders were supposed to be someone we know, or were supposed to be someone we were to come to know or something.

Chilli October 5th 06 17:58

I actually liked how the invasion made no sense. What must of the normal people of the galaxy thought about the Shadow war and the Vorlon war? :D

hypatia October 5th 06 18:09

Here I go again, not quite remembering everything about the epidose, here.

Why exactly was the raid something that made no sense? :confused:

Sindatur October 5th 06 18:30

Quote:

Here I go again, not quite remembering everything about the epidose, here.

Why exactly was the raid something that made no sense? :confused:

Well, because it was someone that threatened the station with some pretty heavy resources, but, we don't know them, and they never came up again. So, it's because it's a one off enemy with no motivation that we never heard from again or before. So, in the context of Mack and Bo, not being in the know it made perfect sense, but, for the viewer, it did seem random.

B5_Obsessed October 5th 06 18:53

Quote:

Quote:

It really would have made more sense if it had been Clark's forces attacking and not some random space-faring Mongol Horde, but this was still a good ep.

Not really. Clarke was already dead, and Lochley was already assigned as Earthforce's representative on the station. I think I recall hearing that those raiders were supposed to be someone we know, or were supposed to be someone we were to come to know or something.

The episode was originally intended for Season 4, before the end of Clarke's regime, and the attack would've exploited a supposed weakness - possibly the Minbari Civil War and the lack of Delenn's forces surounding the station.

PillowRock October 5th 06 19:39

Quote:

The episode was originally intended for Season 4, before the end of Clarke's regime

That is to say, that was intent before the demise of PTEN, and the associated requirement to get to a satisfying series conclusion by the end of S4.

hypatia October 5th 06 19:54

I still don't get what's so totally unbelieveable about getting only one glimpse at this race. They obviously weren't too interested in mixing with other races, and they got their pants kicked in the fight.

So they didn't bug B5 anymore. At least not in any episode we get to see. :)