B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.world (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   EpDis: The Deconstruction Of Falling Stars (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=9255)

vacantlook August 28th 06 17:32

EpDis: The Deconstruction Of Falling Stars

Refresher Links:
Lurker's Guide Main Page for The Deconstruction Of Falling Stars
Lurker's Guide Extended Synopsis for The Deconstruction Of Falling Stars

Jan August 28th 06 19:17

Re: EpDis: The Deconstruction Of Falling Stars

I love the off-format episodes and this one was *so* off-format! My favorite segment was the one with the monks.

Jan

vacantlook August 28th 06 20:20

Yeah, I like the monk segment a lot too, especially the ending revelation that the one monk really is a member of the Rangers. I, of course, also really like seeing the evolved energy form human and accompanying encounter suit.

KoshFan August 28th 06 21:26

I'm quite fond of this, especially Garibaldi's last hurrah. And of course the evolved human raises so many possibilities and interesting questions.

puzzle August 28th 06 23:52

I was impressed by the story, but saddened by its topic... of old figures and symbols dragged out to incite animosity... and of taking two steps forward, only to take five steps back.

I don't expect that future to happen. But it was a story which touched my concerns.

crazyhorse August 29th 06 12:12

Doesn't it mention Babylon 5's destruction in the telepath war in this episode?In the one hundred years on debate.Contradiction on Sherridan going to B5 before it's self destruct.I know somebody will put me right.

Garribaldi,cool as ever :cool:
I gave it a B.

vacantlook August 29th 06 17:23

I can't think of anything in the episode that connects the destruction of B5 to the telepath war.

Jan August 29th 06 17:25

B5 was destroyed many years after the Telepath War.

Jan

Sindatur August 29th 06 17:28

The panel made mention of Sheridan's major Faux Pas letting the Telepaths create a colony on the station, in reference to the Garibaldi Kidnap scene seen in S5 and all the death and destruction, but, no mention of the station blowing up.

vacantlook August 29th 06 17:32

Rewatching that segment just now, and there's discussion of the events of the telepath crisis that are seen in season five, and a bare mention that that crisis could be considered to have begun the path that eventually led to the telepath war. But there's no mention of the destruction of B5 in it.