B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.world (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   EpDis: Shadow Dancing (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=8829)

vacantlook February 20th 06 15:46

EpDis: Shadow Dancing

Refresher Links:
Lurker's Guide Main Page for Shadow Dancing
Lurker's Guide Extended Synopsis for Shadow Dancing

fisheggs February 20th 06 23:11

Re: EpDis: Shadow Dancing

I gave a B(+) because I found the cutting back and forth from the battle to Franklin a tad annoying. Other than that slight distraction, this is a stellar episode.

RW7427 February 21st 06 03:24

I gave it an A! Great stuff! :D

Springer February 21st 06 11:41

Ooh, this is easy - definately an A. I know what you mean about the cutting between Franklin and the space battle, if you just want to watch the space battle it does get in the way, but I like it as it shows the contrasting personal battle of Franklin and the more epic space battle.

Its not the first time a space battle has been edited like that either, for example the Long Twilight Struggle.

The only bit I wasn't keen on was the rushed explanation of Sheridan's dream. To this day I still don't buy the connection with Bester!

Elric February 21st 06 12:15

Epic stuff this episode - an A. Like so much on B5, I think a lot of this was due to the build up to that made it so good.

Although I tend to prefer drama over action, I do remember being suitably impressed at the sheer scale of the battle. At that time, I don't ever recall seeeing such a space scene on such a scale with so many ships (maybe the film, but definately not on TV).

KoshFan February 21st 06 13:28

Quite the fight. And the Franklin bit is pretty good too. A-quality.

GKarsEye February 21st 06 14:40

Quote:

The only bit I wasn't keen on was the rushed explanation of Sheridan's dream. To this day I still don't buy the connection with Bester!

It refers to Sheridan and Bester working together to destroy the Shadow's influence on Psi-Corps and thus Psi-Corp's influence on EarthGov via the frozen telepaths.

A_M_Swallow February 21st 06 14:50

It also refers to Sheridan using telepaths to disable Shadow ships - Psi Cops are boss teeps.

aajay February 21st 06 16:17

Why do I always hear the Andy Gibb song in my head when I think of this episode??

Springer February 22nd 06 16:51

Quote:

It also refers to Sheridan using telepaths to disable Shadow ships - Psi Cops are boss teeps.

Yeah, I guess so. Yeah, I can buy that. I think Bester is a bit of a red herring in that respect, because they only really worked with him in two episodes. But yeah, I can see that would be Kosh's way of telling Sheridan about the weapon that exists which he can fight the Shadows with. Its was there in plain sight a whole season before Garibaldi figured it out, all we had to do was decode it!