B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.world (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   EpDis: Grey 17 Is Missing (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=8800)

GKarsEye February 8th 06 19:13

Re: EpDis: Grey 17 Is Missing

Zaw?
I was talking about Lorien using irony...

Elric February 8th 06 19:27

Ha ha. Sorry, I thought your comment was aimed at me. I totally misread your post - I shall hang my head in shame!

Having re-read it, I can see what you are getting at.

Joseph DeMartino February 9th 06 03:17

Quote:

(post remove due to misunderstanding - sorry)

Damn! I hate coming into a thread after the mistaken/embarassing/offensive post has been removed. It always makes me wonder what I missed. :D

GKarsEye February 9th 06 03:20

Heh, yeah- Elric, we're a forgiving lot, everyone makes mistakes. Especially Joe. :)

(Joe, Elric just misunderstand my feeble attempt at irony- he thought my bitch about repeating shit was directed towards him, not Lorien)

Elric February 9th 06 10:20

Quote:

Heh, yeah- Elric, we're a forgiving lot, everyone makes mistakes.

Thanks, I guess I had a bad day at the office ;)

Shaal Mayan February 9th 06 13:02

C the appearance of Neroon is the only thing that makes this episode watchable.The B story was laughable.

GKarsEye February 9th 06 15:51

Nerd nitpick- I believe the Neroon thing was the B story, while Garibaldi's was the A story.

vacantlook February 9th 06 17:00

Quote:

Nerd nitpick- I believe the Neroon thing was the B story, while Garibaldi's was the A story.

Yeah, I agree. It wouldn't make too much sense for the episode to receive its title from the B-story, so Garibaldi's romp would have to be the A-story. It's just that Garibaldi's romp is so bland and groan-provoking that it feels like it should be the B-story.

Joseph DeMartino February 9th 06 17:13

I think in this case the Garibaldi/Zarg thing was the "B" story, the Neroon/Marcus thing was the "C" story and the episode's real problem was that it didn't have an "A" story. :D Of course the Zarg part was made that much worse by the truly lousy rubber suit (one of the few time's B5's limited budget really hurt a story by undermining it to the point of distraction) and JMS's apparent belief the early firearms were steam-powered. :D

Still for me, in the form of the DVD, "Grey 17" is a great episode because I simply fast-forward through everything that doesn't involve Marcus, Delenn or Neroon. (In fact, I'm thinking of off-loading the ep to my PC and re-editing it into "'Grey 17 is Missing' is Missing". ;))

Regards,

Joe

Shaal Mayan February 9th 06 20:56

Quote:

Oh boy did I goof :o