B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.world (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   EpDis: War Without End Part One (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=8735)

Lennier's Tears February 9th 15 06:04

Re: EpDis: War Without End Part One

Quote:

Originally Posted by Estelyn (Post 365062)
Wow, so few posts for such a momentous episode?!

I was about to say exactly the same thing :p I'm guessing all the comments are in the Part II thread. The two episodes are really one, and even though I just watched both of them, I'm already having trouble remembering exactly which bits are in I and which in II. Still ... I think in some ways I'm even more fond of Part I than I am of Part II.

I'm always very excited to see Sinclair again. Getting to see Minbar is pretty neat, also. Then, slowly getting to see the Babylon Squared stuff falling into place .. nice. The Centaur Prime plot is very interesting indeed ...

I'll take the rest of my comments to Part II :)

freshair3 April 9th 15 16:46

I'll be watching this tonight after Babylon Squared and before WWE part 2. I'm going to friend's house and we're having curry and watching B5. Yay!:thumbsup:

freshair3 April 10th 15 07:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by freshair3 (Post 451419)
I'll be watching this tonight after Babylon Squared and before WWE part 2. I'm going to friend's house and we're having curry and watching B5. Yay!:thumbsup:

Actually it was pizza but it was a good evening.

hypatia April 11th 15 02:03

Babylon 5 goes with many meals. :bolian:

Lennier's Tears April 17th 15 00:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by freshair3 (Post 451422)
Quote:

Originally Posted by freshair3 (Post 451419)

Actually it was pizza but it was a good evening.

Aww, I'm kinda envious! I've been re-watching all by myself. I don't really have any nearby B5 fan friends, these days. I do have food, at least! :D

deaded April 28th 15 08:11

I'm very confused. Why is the thread about WWE but the poll above is for Severed Dreams. Is it me or my browser? Something is screwy.

deaded April 28th 15 08:18

But back on topic, yes, this episode (and WWE2) changed EVERYTHING for me! This was the episode that made me go back and watch it from the beginning and suddenly I started to get it; that it is a novel, not a short story.

This was when I fell in love with B5

Lennier's Tears April 28th 15 17:29

I believe something went wrong during a board move or a software overhaul. It happened well before my time, but I've seen comments here and there. Judging from your join date, it clearly wasn't before YOUR time, but perhaps after your most active time :p

Several other threads appear to have a poll about a different episode. I'm not sure if it's just the name that is messed up, or if results have also gotten scrambled. I haven't voted in any of the polls because I find it too difficult :p

I agree that WWE is sort of a game-changer. Suddenly you realize how everything is connected. It's a pretty amazing experience. You can't really re-live that after the first time, but it's still a great set of episodes.

deaded April 30th 15 11:40

Yeah, it's been a couple of years. I just never whined about it before. I wish they would fix it. I makes it seem like nobody cares :'(

hypatia May 7th 15 03:12

I think the board needs to stay pretty low-maintenance. And I"m not sure there is a fix, apart from starting new poll threads.