B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.world (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   EpDis: Sic Transit Vir (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=8686)

hypatia August 1st 11 03:53

Re: EpDis: Sic Transit Vir

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jade Jaguar (Post 372557)
Trying to think of the Zarg now, so that it fills my consciousness... blotting out all else...

I could read back, to see what inspired this reply. But it's more fun to just ask:

is this some new self-torture action, meant to discipline the mind? :wtf:

Jade Jaguar August 2nd 11 05:50

Just scroll up a bit. It was Jan's description of Londo and G'Kar's tryst.

Alioth July 21st 12 11:45

Was (future Regent) Virini's joke to Vir sort of a foreshadowing?

Q. What is more dangerous than a locked room full of angry Narns?
A. One angry Narn with a key!

(Besides the next scene showing the locked room full of Narn refugees, no doubt angered by the grievous things done to their world.)

G'Kar had noted (I believe previously) that "humans were the key" to the future of the galaxy... and just a couple episodes after this one, he is finally let into Sheridan's inner circle, and thus given this "key", in a way.... And in a way, he becomes very dangerous to Centauri designs on the Narns once he has this "key". (And "the key" might also be his own enlightenment, which allows him the patience and strength to thread the needle that he must (cooperate with Londo against Cartagia, bearing all that that entailed) to ultimately free his world.)

It seemed like a throwaway line at first, but even a little joke by a flighty court popinjay could have significance.

Galahad July 21st 12 15:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alioth (Post 399743)
Was (future Regent) Virini's joke to Vir sort of a foreshadowing?

Q. What is more dangerous than a locked room full of angry Narns?
A. One angry Narn with a key!

(Besides the next scene showing the locked room full of Narn refugees, no doubt angered by the grievous things done to their world.)

G'Kar had noted (I believe previously) that "humans were the key" to the future of the galaxy... and just a couple episodes after this one, he is finally let into Sheridan's inner circle, and thus given this "key", in a way.... And in a way, he becomes very dangerous to Centauri designs on the Narns once he has this "key". (And "the key" might also be his own enlightenment, which allows him the patience and strength to thread the needle that he must (cooperate with Londo against Cartagia, bearing all that that entailed) to ultimately free his world.)

It seemed like a throwaway line at first, but even a little joke by a flighty court popinjay could have significance.

I love your thinking there. Nice logic. :)

Teep Trick July 22nd 12 21:07

Londo using that sword to go after the bug somehow makes me think of Vir taking (that same?) sword after the Drazi vendor that ,hey!>, bugged his bags in the Zocalo.

Lennier's Tears February 8th 15 04:29

An episode all about Vir? What an excellent idea! :D Another really clever episode name, too!

I've always liked the bit with the bugs in Londo's quarters. It makes sense in the context of Babylon 5 breaking away from Earth, and not everything operating quite as it should. Mostly it's just funny. I still fairly regularly use the phrase "There are more of you!!"

We've seen the Vir character develop and he really gets to shine, here. The bit in the teaser is great, where we see him in a room full of Narns, just after Virini makes that joke about a room full of angry Narns. I've only recently started noticing the guilty look on Vir's face when Londo asks him if he has anything interesting to report. I guess before I was too distracted by the Lyndisty storyline, because this happens just after Londo hides her in his bedroom.

I love the whole Abrahamo Linconi thing. Vir trying his best to do something good. I feel so bad for him when he's trying to get Ivanova to stop talking about it in front of Londo, but of course that's not happening.

The awkward conversation between Vir and Ivanova is pretty funny, but I'd agree with Alioth upthread that it seems unlikely she wouldn't have known about the Centauri's six appendages. But, funny. Vir being his usual awkward bumbling self. It works.

Lyndisty is interesting. "A true Centauri" indeed. I'm kind of disappointed in Vir in that he is still sort of interested in her after he finds out that she has singlehandedly murdered something like a thousand Narns. Isn't the whole point of his character that he's not that kind of Centauri? I guess he's more conflicted when he finds them attractive? :p

[Off topic: Nevermind, it's been taken care of, thank you!]

RW7427 February 11th 15 21:07

Lyndisty is kinda creepy :lol:

Lennier's Tears February 11th 15 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by RW7427 (Post 451093)
Lyndisty is kinda creepy :lol:

Kinda?? :p

hypatia February 12th 15 02:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lennier's Tears (Post 451055)
Lyndisty is interesting. "A true Centauri" indeed. I'm kind of disappointed in Vir in that he is still sort of interested in her after he finds out that she has singlehandedly murdered something like a thousand Narns. Isn't the whole point of his character that he's not that kind of Centauri? I guess he's more conflicted when he finds them attractive? :p

Maybe it's just Vir's version of the old story of someone (usually a woman) who falls for a guy who seems to be the biggest jerk imaginable.

Do you think Vir would imagine he would "change" her? :rommie:

Lennier's Tears February 12th 15 04:20

I think he was imagining exactly that, in that scene at the end, where they are telling each other the other is "confused" or something to that effect :)

She's also quite young (I think?) and a product of her environment. I can see how someone (Vir) could excuse her horrible views on that basis, but actual murder is a bit harder to ignore or justify. How could she ever atone for that? I think young Vir is just not thinking straight :)