B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.world (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   EpDis: Sic Transit Vir (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=8686)

vacantlook December 15th 05 01:24

EpDis: Sic Transit Vir

Refresher Links:
Lurker's Guide Main Page for Sic Transit Vir
Lurker's Guide Extended Synopsis for Sic Transit Vir

RW7427 December 15th 05 02:04

Re: EpDis: Sic Transit Vir

Good stuff! I wouldn't give it an A because I reserve that grade for the heavyhitters like Z'Ha'dum, Severed Dreams, The Long Twilight Struggle, and Sleeping in Light, but it's very good nonetheless!

Springer December 15th 05 17:01

This is one of the few episodes of B5 where the humour really works. Most of the time I don't get JMS' humour, but I think its really funny. And its a good Vir story. So I give this a strong B.

Shaal Mayan December 15th 05 17:10

B God Vir story and really brings more of his character than before showing he and mollari are worlds apart.

GKarsEye December 15th 05 17:11

LOVE this one. Daughter of a war criminal's twisted lack of morality. This one really hits me as I draw parallels with people I've known.

Mike G December 15th 05 20:10

One of my favorites in the whole show.

Boxie December 16th 05 20:17

:D I really liked it, always a romantic, :o I admit that sometimes I watch it just for the "near-miss" kiss. I also like the way Sheridan takes that guy out in the hallway! *sigh* What a guy...

Vir was just soooo cute in this episode! He bumbled and fumbled around, so insecure but so thrilled with the possibility that this beautiful woman was crazy about him... you could almost feel the butterflies in his stomach! And his love interest, with her sweet smile, gentile demeanor....:eek: :D and that big, bad knife!!

I thought Claudia was good too, I thought she was believably tortured by dreams of her teeth falling out and showing in C & C naked! :eek: :lol:

Then there's Londo's bug, wasn't he great in that scene? :D He was going to get that sucker no matter what and I was just sitting there cheering him on! I hate bugs! :lol: I use a long swatter, though; there's no way I'm getting that close! :lol:

PillowRock December 16th 05 21:16

Quote:

: I use a long swatter, though; there's no way I'm getting that close! :lol:

So far, I've never felt the need to use a sword to go after a bug in my home. ;)

Joseph DeMartino December 16th 05 22:00

Anyone familiar with The Lady's Not for Burning by Christopher Fry (one of JMS's favorite plays - and mine) will recognize LIndisty as a sort of funhouse mirror reflection of Alizon Elliot - an innocent young girl who is also intended to be the bride in an arranged marriage. I think JMS had fun bouncing his twisted futuristic comedy off characters and situations from Fry's twisted medieval one, to the good of the script.

Regards,

Joe

"We have to kill it before it develops language skills"

RW7427 December 17th 05 03:36

Quote:

Then there's Londo's bug, wasn't he great in that scene? He was going to get that sucker no matter what

Ya gotta love Londo and the bug! ;)