B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.world (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   EpDis: Severed Dreams (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=8663)

RW7427 December 2nd 05 04:01

Re: EpDis: Severed Dreams

Didn't Jerry really break a bone when they were filming that? They show him hobbling with a cane later in the ep, but I thought I heard he broke his arm or something.

Ninja_Squirrel December 2nd 05 04:47

He did break his arm filming that episode. JMS has said that the scene where Zack is helping Garibaldi sit down after the battle, that Garibaldi's arm moves in a way un-natural for an intact arm. His injury is worked into the next episode where he's wearing a sling & cast on his arm.

RW7427 December 2nd 05 04:59

Thanks. That's what I thought. :)

Londos6 December 2nd 05 15:37

Read the episode description at The Galactic Gateway for that episode. It really is an interesting story about JD.

macmaccaman December 2nd 05 16:36

I'm the one that voted this a C. Sorry! I just think that theres so many better moments in B5, and feel this is overated. The brutal off screen dispatch of Hague (though, not B5's fault!) is annoying. The ending, with that hand kissy thing and the applause makes me cringe. I've always found the big space battle things a bit of a let down, and I do prefer the dialogue and actors to the big battles. Meh, its not just a protest vote.

Londos6 December 2nd 05 17:22

Quote:

The ending, with that hand kissy thing and the applause makes me cringe. I've always found the big space battle things a bit of a let down, and I do prefer the dialogue and actors to the big battles. Meh, its not just a protest vote.

I've always been kind of chilled by the ending, where they cut to the "Traitors can't hide" poster. But that's not the best part of the episode by a longshot anyway.

hypatia December 2nd 05 17:45

Well, at 30 versus 1 so far, I'd say it's one of the favorite episodes of the fans who post here. :)

Of course, not every series or every episode is going to be liked by every person.

Boxie December 3rd 05 21:36

Quote:

I've always been kind of chilled by the ending, where they cut to the "Traitors can't hide" poster. But that's not the best part of the episode by a longshot anyway.

I liked the ending, too. That poster brought everything to a dead stop for me. The kiss on the hand had left me feeling all :) warm and fuzzy, but that feeling faded with the realization that there were tough times ahead....

Springer December 6th 05 11:42

Add another one to the list.

Best. Episode. Ever. Of any TV series, in fact.

Boxie December 6th 05 19:45

I agree! It's so hard not to vote twice...I really like this one, but I'll be good, I promise... ;)