B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.world (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   EpDis: Severed Dreams (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=8663)

Boxie November 29th 05 03:26

Re: EpDis: Severed Dreams

:D Severed Dreams is absolutely one of my favorite episodes! There are so many wonderful scenes in this one. I especially like the scene where Sheridan is talking to his Dad.

He knows, :( they both know, they may never speak again...and yet they're trying to be so strong for each other. It's just a really wonderful scene. :D

aajay November 29th 05 17:19

True, I agree that it would have been suicidal, but this was the new improved "cocky" Earthforce.
I would have expected at least one attempt to call Delenn's bluff.

Sindatur November 29th 05 17:38

The old cocky Earthforce tried that 19 years earlier and the Human Race was almost wiped out.

Joseph DeMartino November 29th 05 17:42

Quote:

True, I agree that it would have been suicidal, but this was the new improved "cocky" Earthforce.

It was the old improved cocky Earthforce (fresh from its decisive intervention in the Dilgar War) that started the war with the Minbari that almost led to the extermination of humanity. Clark's influence on Earthforce notwithstanding, none of the senior officers (all of whom would have served in the war, all of whom would have lost shipmates, friends or family to the Minbari) would have dared attack a Minbari. Earthforce still had no way to reliably lock onto even an ordinary Minbari warship, had inferior drives and handling characteristics and that's without considering the unknown capabilities of the White Star.

Quote:

If somebody that pissed and earnest had a loaded 44 Magnum with its hammer cocked, finger on the trigger, and pointed at your head, would you "test" 'em?

Great, now I keep hearing Mira's voice finishing that speech by saying, "So, you gotta ask yourself, 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"

:)

Joe

RW7427 November 29th 05 18:08

Quote:

Great, now I keep hearing Mira's voice finishing that speech by saying, "So, you gotta ask yourself, 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"

:lol: :lol:

Do you think she could manage an Italian accent? Or at least an Italian from New York City? ;)

PillowRock November 29th 05 18:39

Quote:

Quote:

:lol: :lol:

Do you think she could manage an Italian accent? Or at least an Italian from New York City? ;)

Or, more to the point, a Clint Eastwood rasp (while squinting, of course). :cool: :lol:

ETA: Should we just go for the aliterative nickname? "Dirty Delenn" ;)

A_M_Swallow November 29th 05 21:36

This was the start of the civil war. The Earthforce captains were just following orders rather than fighting a real enemy.

PillowRock November 29th 05 22:57

This was *after* the whole fight that included the boarding of the station and the destruction of entire EF destroyers on both sides.

The commanders of that second wave of ships *had* to know that before jumped into normal space at B5. Even if, through some wierd miracle, they didn't know it before jumping in ..... there was no way for them *not* know it instantly upon seeing the wreckage floating around the Epsilon 3 area.

They were already in a shooting war, and they knew it.

They just wanted no part of a shooting war against Minbari cruisers, if it was at all possible to avoid it.

hypatia November 30th 05 00:46

Wow! :eek:

23 votes for "A" and not one single vote for anything else? :D :cool:

vacantlook November 30th 05 01:02

It is indeed impressive, hyp!