B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.world (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   EpDis: Dust To Dust (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=8574)

vacantlook October 24th 05 22:45

EpDis: Dust To Dust

Refresher Links:
Lurker's Guide Main Page for Dust To Dust
Lurker's Guide Extended Synopsis for Dust To Dust

RW7427 October 25th 05 04:00

Re: EpDis: Dust To Dust

Awesome ep! ;)

KoshFan October 25th 05 15:05

I play the G'Kar/Kosh conversation over and over again. I love this episode.

And of course we've got Bester's immortal "pinata" line.

Boxie October 25th 05 17:52

:D I really like this episode! I love the scene in C&C where Ivanova has decided to destroy Bester's ship. I thought it was very well played. She's tortured by it, understands the personal price she’ll pay, but she's going to do it.

And G'kar, :eek: under the effects of the dust...My gosh, Andreas is so good! It never ceases to amaze me the level of emotion that bleeds through all of the make up. Some actors can't break through it; the physical barrier is just too much, but not for Andreas. :cool: He is truly a master of his craft.

Springer October 25th 05 20:12

I watched this episode for the first time in ages just recently, and I was surprised at just how good it is. G'Kar taking a dose of dust is flabbergasting, and his epiphany is so crucial to his character. This is possibly the most important G'Kar episode in the series, and Andreas' performance is incredible- he runs the gamut of emotions and you can believe all of it.

Ivanova's attempt to blow up Bester is believable, and its an example of the high stakes the characters now find themselves in. Walter Koenig is, of course, wonderful as always.

hypatia October 25th 05 22:28

I forgot about the pinata line. That was quite well written (and delivered). :)

And yes, Andreas Katsulas blew my mind with his performance in this episode.

Solid "A" for me. It's one of my favorites.

Kaleb October 25th 05 23:38

An episode I love, and part of the reason Im looking to having season 3 and four on dvd at christmas break.

RW7427 October 26th 05 04:39

I guess this indirectly answers Sinclair's question of Kosh once in season 1. Kosh says to him, "They are a dying people. We should let them pass." Sinclair asks, "Who, the Narn or the Centauri?" Kosh simply answers, "Yes".

Well, what I'm getting at is this... Kosh's answer to Sinclair can't be the Narns because he appears to G'Kar in his dream and indirectly encourages him to do what he needs to save his people. If he mean the Narns as his answer, he wouldn't have done that, so his answer had to be the Centauri. ;)

Jade Jaguar October 26th 05 04:50

I would say that his answer means that either the Narns, or the Centauri, will die off, as a people, but not both. Perhaps Kosh just liked the Narns better, and so appeared to G'Kar, to tilt things in the Narns' favor. I know I like the Narns better.

Boxie October 26th 05 05:09

Quote:

Kosh says to him, "They are a dying people. We should let them pass." Sinclair asks, "Who, the Narn or the Centauri?" Kosh simply answers, "Yes".

I know it was another season, but reading that I think Sheridan nailed it when he said:

"Well, as answers go, short to the point, utterly useless and totally consistent, what I've come to expect from a Vorlon." :D

:D I'll bet Sinclair wished he had said that, I'm sure he felt exactly the same way!