B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.world (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   EpDis: Convictions (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=8478)

deaded December 1st 05 06:30

Re: EpDis: Convictions

I give it an A for the elevator scene alone.

Boxie December 1st 05 14:51

Quote:

I give it an A for the elevator scene alone.

I gave it an "A", too! Without question, the elevator scenes nailed it for me, but there are others that struck me as just wonderful.

I can still see Delenn banging on that glass door trying to get to Lennier after the explosion.

I thought the bomber was suffienctly off his rocker and the "don't move there's a gun up your nose" scene with Sheridan quite good. Although going outside to find the bomb broke the established rhythm/pace of the whole thing for me, overall I thought it was quite good.

Oh, and I did love the hallway scene where Sheridan has to hide his link and asks Garibaldi where he should put it. Did you see his little face?....Too funny! :D And then he ends up sitting on it!! :lol: :lol:

Lousy_Dodgers August 17th 06 06:24

I rewatched this episode on DVD tonight and I would have to give it a solid B, mainly due to the G'Kar and Londo scenes. It may not be an arc episode per se but I think it is an important episode leading into Dust to Dust.

While G'Kar had already grown as a character from his quasi-villain role in the first season, he was still bound by his fixation on the Centauri. Granted, the post Dust to Dust G'Kar was far from willing to embrace the Centauri but he had started to see his role and that of his people in a new light.

The episode also had a number of humrous scenes in addition to Londo talking to Lennier. For example, it had Zack Allen telling the Drazi pilgrims "Why don't you go poke the plant for a while so that I can take care of your entry visas." Then it also had Lennier telling an obnoxious human that he had an incurable and contagious disease.

Sindatur August 17th 06 14:43

Quote:

Then it also had Lennier telling an obnoxious human that he had an incurable and contagious disease.

That was [Doug] Netter's Syndrome, wasn't it?

Londos6 August 17th 06 15:15

Quote:

Yep. And the "obnoxious man" was John Flinn, B5 Director of Photography.

Londos6 August 17th 06 15:20

Also the outtakes from this one in the blooper reel
(don't remember which season of dvds this outtake appears on)
with Peter Jurasik were hilarious. :D

Joseph DeMartino August 17th 06 15:23

Quote:

AKA President Louis Santiago, yes. And the obnoxious man Lennier lied to was Directory of Photograph John Flinn. (Yes, he's actually listed as "Obnoxious Man" in the credits.)

Londo: I hate my life.
G'Kar: So do I.

:)

Joe

Elipsis September 3rd 07 00:10

I was going to give this a C, but upon reflection the exchange between Longo and G'kar in the elevator was powerful in that it told us a lot about G'kar's mental state, particularly the depth of his hatred.

vacantlook September 3rd 07 15:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elipsis
...the exchange between Longo and G'kar in the elevator....

That is one amazingly great scene. I loved hearing jms talk about Andreas filming that scene in the memorial reel on the TLT disc.

GKarsEye September 4th 07 13:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by vacantlook (Post 307842)
That is one amazingly great scene. I loved hearing jms talk about Andreas filming that scene in the memorial reel on the TLT disc.

That the one where it was Andreas' idea to start laughing? I really liked hearing that story, because I thought that laughing was absolutely fantastic. It really played off so perfectly (I'm a big fan of the whole tragi-comedy thing), so much props to the man.