B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.world (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   EpDis: Convictions (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=8478)

Jade Jaguar September 21st 05 01:30

Re: EpDis: Convictions

I've been stingy with my A's, but I gave this one, purely because I think the elevator scene is brilliant. G'kar, Londo, satirical, funny, and very meaningful.

Oatley1 September 21st 05 01:49

Average, from my perspective. The Londo / G'Kar stuff is great, but as a whole it is merely good, not great. It certainly suffers from being in the same season as 'Passing Through Gethesemane', 'Dust To Dust', 'Severed Dreams' etc.

RW7427 September 21st 05 04:36

Quote:

Oh this is the episode with the elevator! I tell you, G'Kar laughing at their mutual impending doom- this is exactly the kind of thing why B5 still gets to me.

"Can anyone here me?!"
"I hear you"

Brlliantly played by Katsulas, the way he just laughs at Londo's escape plan as if it surviving would be the silliest thing in the world.

And, uh, oh yeah, some other stuff happens I guess...

Oh yeah....I forgot about that elevator stuff with Londo and G'Kar. Great shit man! :lol:

darth_librarian September 21st 05 11:02

B, a good non arc episode. I liked the fact the baddy was just an average nutter...

KoshFan September 21st 05 21:54

I just rewatched the ep, because I needed a break from essay-writing. It was the cinematography that really made this one stand out: close-in shots, a lot of blurry action and darkened sets.

I had also forgotten Londo's "conversation" with the comatose Lennier in medlab: "I am going to take a break now and wait for you to talk. And if you don't, I'll talk again. And we wouldn't want that, would we?"

KoshN September 21st 05 23:42

Had some of the best Londo and G'Kar lines ever!

...plus that poor guy between them, waiting for the elevator. :lol:

GaribaldisHair September 22nd 05 08:10

Quote:

...plus that poor guy between them, waiting for the elevator. :lol:

That was another episode. This is the one where Londo is waiting for the tube and when it opens G'Kar is already inside. After meaningful looks/stares/glares, Londo decides to carry on waiting, until the bomb goes off further down the corridor and he has to get into the tube to escape the blast.

Can't remember which ep has them arguing over the head of the other guy while waiting, but I am pretty it was before the Narn/Centauri war kicked off.

KoshFan September 22nd 05 15:15

The one you're thinking of is nothing less than "Signs and Portents."

aajay September 23rd 05 15:30

A solid B only because of the G'Kar- Londo elevator scene and also the placement of the listening device on Sheridan.

KoshN September 23rd 05 17:48

Quote:

The one you're thinking of is nothing less than "Signs and Portents."

Getting my great elevator scenes mixed up. :o :o :o