B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.world (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   EpDis: The Fall Of Night (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=8435)

KoshFan September 3rd 07 05:02

Re: EpDis: The Fall Of Night

It was hinted at that the Centauri once worshipped the Shadows as gods, so the Vorlons probably never bothered to alter them, what with their distaste for touching anything a Shadow had already touched.

vacantlook September 3rd 07 15:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elipsis (Post 307792)
Did we ever get an answer if it was Londo who saw nothing or the entire Centari race?

Didn't one of the Centauri trilogy novels have Londo writing in his memoirs about it and saying that he just saw a ball of light?

KoshFan September 3rd 07 15:49

Yes.

mandragora December 27th 07 15:02

The JMS commentary on this one had me confused. Kosh chose to "unmask" to save one life, because all life is sacred, for the Minbari as for the Vorlons? Well, certainly not true for the Minbari Warrier cast - and even Delenn threatened the Earth Captain with death in Severed Dreams. And the Vorlons - certainly all life wasn't sacred in Season 4, it also wasn't in Season 1 - Deathwalker. :confused:

maneth December 30th 07 08:47

Indeed, and that's not really how I saw it. I don't think Kosh would have unmasked to save just anybody, but he already knew Sheridan had a special destiny and had to be saved. The Vorlons were just waiting for the right moment to unmask, and I guess this was as good a time as any.

dreamer March 5th 09 14:22

Excellent episode, no matter how many times I watch it.

Aside from the obvious over how Sheridan's jump looked, I always found it more curious how no-one looked at Sheridan differently, being saved by an angel. Granted, such a creature might gather attention quite differently than even someone who's falling through the air, but to no-one to even mention this later on as they got time to go through what happened... well, it's curious at the least. Definitely something that should've been handled at least somehow.

G'Kar March 5th 09 17:51

One of my favorites of the season. The subtle approach seemed to always work for this show.

vacantlook March 5th 09 21:09

Nice avatar, dreamer. :)

RW7427 March 6th 09 01:56

Looks like it's that scene where she falls asleep at breakfast. ;)

vacantlook March 6th 09 02:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by RW7427 (Post 337575)
Looks like it's that scene where she falls asleep at breakfast. ;)

Indeed. I enjoy that the show has fun but little, insignificant moments like that.