B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.world (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   EpDis: The Fall Of Night (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=8435)

vacantlook September 5th 05 04:07

EpDis: The Fall Of Night

Refresher Links:
Lurker's Guide Main Page for The Fall Of Night
Lurker's Guide Extended Synopsis for The Fall Of Night

vacantlook September 5th 05 04:18

Re: EpDis: The Fall Of Night

I often find it interesting to think of this episode compared to "The Long Twilight Struggle." I think a lot of writers who sought to end a season would probably have gone with the events of "The Long Twilight Struggle" as it's a lot more explosive and far-reaching in terms of location of the more obvious side of its plot. But I like that jms went with "The Fall Of Night" for the end of season two. It's more localized basic plot is a contrast to what I think could be expected from other writers, but it's got such a degree of ominousness to it that really gets me good. From Earth signing the nonagression treaty with the Centauri despite what we as viewers get to see in that the Centauri are definitely the more vicious of the sides in the Centauri-Narn War, to Delenn telling Sheridan that those who would understand what Kosh's revealing himself would truly mean would wonder if the Vorlons were prepared for the coming war but that Delenn didn't think the Vorlons really were, and then the Keffer's guncam footage being broadcast with the voiceover of we don't know who they are statement: it all just gives me a bit of heebiejeebies. The revelation of Kosh is breathtaking. And Ivanova's ending monologue about peace and victory is stunning to me too.

RW7427 September 5th 05 05:45

Excellent ep indeed! One of my favs of season 2! :cool:

darth_librarian September 5th 05 11:55

Long Twighlight Struggle and this Episode were probably two of my fav's for the plot development and effects alone. The pacing at the end of season two was really excellent, I think that and the start of season three were the dramatic high point of B5. I really loved the character of Mr Wells in this, as well as Londo's turn as a Napoleonic power monger, followed by his inability to see the Vorlon.

Oatley1 September 5th 05 11:56

At the time, the fire-fight outside the Station had me gob-smacked. I had never seen anything like it on TV Sci-Fi before. Of course, by the time Severed Dreams rolled out, it was a baby in comparison.

And the impending doom glimpsed in the shape of a Shadow ship - just fantastic!

KoshFan September 5th 05 15:27

One of my favorites. However, JMS in the commentary ruined something for me... they really should have gotten a fan on Boxleitner to make it look as if he was actually falling. Who hits the ground at 60 mph and his hair doesn't get ruffled?

But this is one of my favorite episodes too. From the tension of the Narn-Centauri plot to the sudden unexpected turn of Kosh's revelation, this is truly fine.

Jade Jaguar September 5th 05 15:52

The way this ep ramps up the tension on all fronts, leaves everything in unsettled turmoil, and has the revelation of Kosh, makes it one of the most intense and portentious eps in the whole series. Great way to end a season. Definitely an A.

RW7427 September 5th 05 16:34

Quote:

Who hits the ground at 60 mph and his hair doesn't get ruffled?

A Ken doll, of course. :devil: :p

hypatia September 5th 05 16:41

What exactly did he say in his commentary, KoshF?

Jade Jaguar September 5th 05 16:56

Quote:

Quote:

Who hits the ground at 60 mph and his hair doesn't get ruffled?

A Ken doll, of course. :devil: :p

Ken's hair is always in a mess these days. He's still depressed because Barbie dumped him. :D