B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.world (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   EpDis: Confessions And Lamentations (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=8336)

vacantlook July 31st 05 22:53

EpDis: Confessions And Lamentations

Refresher Links:
Lurker's Guide Main Page for Confessions And Lamentations
Lurker's Guide Extended Synopsis for Confessions And Lamentations

RW7427 July 31st 05 23:36

Re: EpDis: Confessions And Lamentations

I get the chills every time they go to the place where the Markabs were and find that Delenn and Lennier are the only ones alive.

B5_Obsessed August 1st 05 00:24

The music in this one is very good, especially in the sequence with Delenn and Sheridan holding hands.

vacantlook August 1st 05 02:36

I agree: the music is very nice in this episode. I love the scene of Delenn telling Sheridan that if she dies she'll see him again in the place where no shadows fall. I also like the ending in that the Markab are all wiped out; it's not the traditional save the day right in the nick of time that is usual in tv/movie storytelling.

Ninja_Squirrel August 1st 05 05:45

Despite the depressing tone of it, this is one of my favorites. In fact, it's in my Top 10 of the entire series. I don't think there's been anything like it in any other sci-fi show, especially the Treks. Amazing; tragic, but extraordinary storytelling.

KoshFan August 1st 05 06:58

I just gave it a B, thinking high-end B, but as people remind me more about it I realize that this is A-quality. Strike one "B" vote and bump it up a notch.

Elric August 1st 05 11:22

I gave this one a B - it is a verg good ep. Not quite an A since I'm reserving my A votes for the really special episodes.

As others have already said, it's not your conventional Hollywood ending type of story and the scene near the end was very moving indeed. My only (small) gripe is that the Markab were only a "backround" race in previous episodes - would have been nice if we had seen more of them previously (watching the previous eps again you do notice them more, but on first viewing they are just some other aliens).

GKarsEye August 1st 05 13:49

Quote:

As others have already said, it's not your conventional Hollywood ending type of story and the scene near the end was very moving indeed. My only (small) gripe is that the Markab were only a "backround" race in previous episodes - would have been nice if we had seen more of them previously (watching the previous eps again you do notice them more, but on first viewing they are just some other aliens).

I agree, hence my B, despite it being well done.

Originally it was supposed to be the Drazi that were wiped out, but they decided that the Drazi makeup is too heavy to convey the emotional weight of the episodes. I personally think the Markab makeup is little better in that regard anyway.

RW7427 August 1st 05 16:11

Quote:

Originally it was supposed to be the Drazi that were wiped out

Purple Markab and Green Markab just don't have the same ring. :lol:

Shaal Mayan August 1st 05 19:04

An excellant episode the best of the off arc episodes a top 10 in my book .