B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.world (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   EpDis: In The Shadow Of Z'ha'dum (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=8291)

KoshN July 20th 05 18:03

Re: EpDis: In The Shadown Of Z\'ha\'dum
 
Quote:

This is a good ep, and a pivotal one. It has Vir's excellent answer to Morden's "What do you want?," and it has Sheridan asking Morden "Who are you."

Heh, asking the Vorlon question of the Shadow agent. :lol:

Shaal Mayan July 20th 05 22:24

Re: EpDis: In The Shadow Of Z\'ha\'dum
 
Excellant one of the privotal eps of the show and Vir gets a back bone finally standing up it seems.

KoshFan July 20th 05 22:25

Re: EpDis: In The Shadown Of Z\'ha\'dum
 
I am sparing with my As as well -- but this deserves one.

RW7427 July 21st 05 03:36

Re: EpDis: In The Shadow Of Z\'ha\'dum
 
Quote:

Excellant one of the privotal eps of the show and Vir gets a back bone finally standing up it seems.

You wanna see Vir stand up, how about that ep where he trashes that Drazi's fruit stand. :lol:

deaded July 21st 05 07:26

Re: EpDis: In The Shadow Of Z\'ha\'dum
 
But here he does it twice in one episode!

GaribaldisHair July 21st 05 13:47

Re: EpDis: In The Shadow Of Z\'ha\'dum
 
Quote:

You wanna see Vir stand up, how about that ep where he trashes that Drazi's fruit stand. :lol:

But even better than Vir's actual trashing of the Drazi's stand is Londo standing there looking like a proud father. Priceless! It's those moments that make B5 for me.

:D

RW7427 July 21st 05 15:23

Re: EpDis: In The Shadow Of Z\'ha\'dum
 
Yeah, Zach tells Sheridan that Londo looked like a proud father. ;)

Lousy_Dodgers August 17th 06 20:14

Re: EpDis: In The Shadow Of Z\'ha\'dum
 
It is a fine episode indeed in that we get to see Sheridan act like something other than the perfect hero. Too often, shows and movies have heroes that are so "good" that even if they are tempted to do evil that the audience never believes that the character was really challenged or torn.

It is a minor quibble but when Delenn and Kosh came to Sheridan, I thought the captain was a bit too slow in comprehending that the Vorlons were one of the first ones. I understand that the Vorlons have done their best to conceal their identity but when Delenn mentioned that one of the other First Ones was still around, I think it would have been better if Sheridan had paused and then asked "The Vorlons?" while looking at Kosh. Others may disagree but that is how I saw that scene anyway.

Sindatur August 17th 06 21:30

Re: EpDis: In The Shadow Of Z\'ha\'dum
 
Quote:

It is a fine episode indeed in that we get to see Sheridan act like something other than the perfect hero. Too often, shows and movies have heroes that are so "good" that even if they are tempted to do evil that the audience never believes that the character was really challenged or torn.

It is a minor quibble but when Delenn and Kosh came to Sheridan, I thought the captain was a bit too slow in comprehending that the Vorlons were one of the first ones. I understand that the Vorlons have done their best to conceal their identity but when Delenn mentioned that one of the other First Ones was still around, I think it would have been better if Sheridan had paused and then asked "The Vorlons?" while looking at Kosh. Others may disagree but that is how I saw that scene anyway.

With foreknowledge of the series, yea, it makes more sense. But a first run through the series, I think it plays better with Sheridan in ignorance.

KoshFan August 17th 06 22:02

Re: EpDis: In The Shadow Of Z\'ha\'dum
 
Besides, it's a great reveal. I love Kosh's solemn nod as Sheridan guesses.


All times are GMT. The time now is 17:13.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2001 - 2008 B5TV.COM